Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Missoni Mayhem


Okay I confess, this post won't be about books because I'm multifaceted. Not only am I a writer but I'm also a shopper. I love fashion and gleam at a sale. Yesterday I got caught in the Missoni mayhem and was eager to see the limited edition designed for retailer Target and nab items that elsewhere are being sold for up to five times the original retail price.

The Missoni design is reminiscent of the 1960's and it includes some highly individual knitwear in bold patterns, primarily in a zigzag, some of which, I admit, I don't like and make me dizzy. But because the line has been around so long, their garments have become status symbols.

Had I have gotten to the store sooner, I could have picked up the gold and brown cardigan I wanted, but I'm not a morning person. A hoarder in the crowd filled up her shopping cart and when I asked her where the merchandise had come from, she sent me on a wild- goose chase. But all was not lost.

Left: I see an opening. You go in hard, and I'll follow.

Right: That could work ... but it's still risky.

Left: We've been training for months. It's as easy now as it will ever be.

Right: All I'm saying is, we don't have to go through with this. Nobody would blame us.

Left: It's going to be tough to run through this entire mega-store without a cappuccino, but let's move, or we'll never get through to the women's department. Come on, what da ya say?

Right: All right then. Let's do this thing. But if I slip, you're paying the chiropractor bill.


These will be fun to pair with pants because the heel is chunky (I prefer a stiletto with a dress). And, I can walk in them. The older I get the more I value mobility over beauty or perhaps I've come to believe there's more beauty in mobility?

Feel free to step forward in the comments– and, tell me what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. Women and their shoes? Something us manly Men will never understand. Practicality that’s my shoe theme.
    I think you’d need to go to NFL pre-season training to be really successful in fighting your way through women at the sales.

    ReplyDelete