Saturday, October 29, 2011

Love Color



Originally I started this blog with my travels in mind, there are so many places I've gone that I still haven't covered. Then I switched it up a bit, and included my thoughts about life, current events, my adventures, love of fashion, books, music and the cinema. I never included much on food, cooking, or restaurants, because they don't interest me, much. Although I still remember three years ago going to L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon for my birthday, known as one of France's best chefs, where the cost of our dinners combined could have fed an entire African village for a month; I was more interested in “the luxurious experience” vs. the meal. 

Once I wrote about jewelry. I like bold and delicate, ethnic and estate pieces but today's looks of wearing more crystals and sparkle than the average diamond mine, isn't me. Then I began to focus and blog on writing but today I'm taking a departure and am going to write about another favorite topic, one that I haven't discussed and that is... beauty. I get hyped being inside Sephora http://sephora.com/ it's a girls candy store! 

I love color so much, and have a fetish for lipsticks and nail polish. Although I would never paint my nails green, blue or purple and black isn't my style, I break the rule once a year when I dress up as a witch and give out Halloween candy. Years ago, before self-tanners were as good as they are now, I read that brewing tea bags and placing them on my legs could prolong a tan. I applied that principle to my hair and found a brunette tip that's worth sharing. I'm hoping it will cause less fading and prolong color. Brew a small pot of coffee or espresso (depending on your shade) allow it to cool and pour into a spray bottle. After you shampoo and condition, spray your roots and throughout your hair, letting it sit for 10-15 minutes. Follow with a quick cold rinse to close the pores. The procedure will boost and enhance your color adding richness.

No comments:

Post a Comment