Friday, November 9, 2012

Vote for me!




I need your vote! And the best part is this: I won’t make you voter, any promises I can’t keep. Actually, I won’t make you any promises at all. The editors of Pure Travel Magazine have chosen my travel story “La Zona Rosa” on page three.  Here’s how it began:

Not long ago, while cleaning out my office closet, I came across a box of old photographs. I had tied them in ribbons.  Some were taken from my Pentax 35 mm camera, and some I had wrapped  in individual bundles before moving from Los Angeles to Europe. 

It was like an excavation.  There I was at age fifteen getting off a trolley car in San Francisco outside of The Emporium Department Store, at age twenty standing with my friends outside of the elementary school where we use to teach remedial reading, at age twenty-two holding on to a rail of a catamaran while squinting at the sun on vacation in Waikiki, and at age twenty-seven leaning against the limestone of the pyramids in Teotihuacan, just northwest of Mexico City.


or if you like read the entire story here:



How to vote:Online voting runs until midnight GMT Friday 30th November 2012. To vote you must register for the free PureTravel.com newsletter and also the title of the entry "La Zona Rosa" to competition@puretravel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment