Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fear is only as deep as the mind allows~

Japanese proverb.


I’ve been posting on this blog more often. But most bloggers digress. I teach blogging (http://www.click-here-now.to/getblogmoney/) and tutor privately having just finished a series of sessions with a student blogger, and counseled him, “The hardest part is to fulfill your self-promises. Now do it!”

I realize that for many, that a blog before created, spends months of existing only in an imagination.

Suddenly, one day, without warning, a shift. Perhaps even, a life altering discovery. A day to break a pattern.

In my case, I stepped out of my cozy but still uncomfortable denial just long enough to ask myself exactly how many more days of my life did I plan to fritter away running my eternal reasons why not story to myself.     

Foot poised, but, always finding an excuse to never take the step forward into the possibilities which await me. Sound familiar?

Confronted with the fact that I could continue, change nothing, rest upon my excuse filled with all the reasons why not story and knew that I would watch the rest of my life stay exactly the same, one day ticking into the next, and the next.

A slow death by procrastination.

A funny thing happens when you get honest with yourself. You are confronted with the face of self sabotage masking as writer’s block and procrastination, and in it is nothing but plain fear. Nothing special. Just fear of being known, seen, heard, visible, vulnerable, bared, authentic and accountable.

As a writer, if you look at fear in the face for what it is, it evaporates. And you may find all the above-mentioned list of attributes unconsciously appealing.

My own take on it is that we move forward when we are ready and in perfect timing. Whatever the project. Whatever the dream. I, also plead guilty to have taken my sweet time to get here.

So, what are you waiting for? As for me, the blogging continues...

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination
    Procrastination is the norm amongst a great deal of people. Once they have given up work or not allowed to work. What else is for them to do? Maybe we can put some of the blame on television.
    What did people do back in the recession of the 1920’s?
    The art of entertaining ourselves seems to be dwindling away.
    I feel lucky that recently I found a new interest in live to awaken my senses.
    My blog was a blossoming idea for ages before I started to write. This has encouraged me to try harder with my quest.
    A Chance meeting was all I needed.

    ReplyDelete